Want to bring the fire on game day? Believe us, the crowd will go wild for these jalapeño poppers—at home or the stadium.
Prep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 35 min | Serves: 12-18
- 12-18 whole fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup nonfat refried beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, sliced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup fine cornmeal
- Olive oil or canola oil cooking spray
- Make a small slit on one side of each pepper.
- Place peppers in a large, microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until just softened (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine refried beans, cheese, scallions and ½ teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Scrape out the seeds with a small spoon and fill each pepper with about 1 tablespoon of bean filling.
- Close the pepper around the filling.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and coat a large-rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another bowl.
- Combine cornmeal and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in another dish.
- Roll each stuffed pepper in flour, dip in egg and roll in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place the peppers on the prepared baking sheet and generously coat all sides of each pepper with cooking spray.
- Bake for 5 minutes and turn each pepper over and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes until filling starts to ooze.
Ready To Dish This Out At Your Next Game Day Party?
Shop online to order everything you need and have them delivered straight to your front door! Visit an Albertsons Market near you for more ideas to make this game day a winning-streak.